Friday, April 29, 2011

Royal Weddings, The Finale: Wedding Gowns!

Well, did you stay up until the wee hours to see this decade’s royal wedding? It was at 1am my time, and I’m afraid I preferred my sleep. I did hear already that the announcers struggled to use the correct titles for the various members of the royal family. And that the bride looked beautiful in her gown. Isn’t that the dream of every bride?

So to end our series of posts on nineteenth century royal weddings, Marissa and I wanted to share some pictures on royal wedding gowns over the years. You’ll remember several we’ve discussed in the last few weeks, including Princess Charlotte’s gown, Queen Victoria’s satin gown, and the gown of Princess Mary of Teck, among others. It’s hard to imagine that these have survived so long, for nearly 200 years!

This link will take you to an excellent article and video on the Telegraph’s site. Below is a more formal presentation of the history behind the dresses.



Enjoy!

No comments: